Sunday, March 22, 2009

SOLVING THE ECONOMIC CRISIS

I was reading the comment section of an article I had just read. This one stuck out. Simple solution.


One blogger mentioned three ways for a government to acquire wealth, l.war, 2.commerce, 3. Agriculture.
I was reminded of a comment from my farmer dad, as we crossed over point of the mountain, and commented. None of all those people are contributing anything to the world. They are just leaching off of each other.

I loved the recent simpleton solution to solving the economic crisis.

Patriotic retirement:

There's about 40 million people over 50 years old in the work force - pay them $1 million apiece severance with stipulations.

1) They leave their jobs. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They buy NEW American cars. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry fixed. (and don't shop at Wal-Mart) New business stimulated.

3) They either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis fixed.

4) They buy stock. Voila! The stock market rebounds with no help from the feds.
5) my addition(drop medicare, since they have enough money to pay cash.
that gives the masses the money, not the banks.
Cost $40 million, vs. 3 trillion Good economy

3 comments:

Julie Hoggard said...

Wouldn't giving 40 million people 1 million dollars really like 40 Trillion dollars? I don't think it's a better plan- but maybe I missed something.

Grandpas Cook said...

Good catch. I knew the math was wrong, but I liked the article anyway. Dumb, I know. But hey, it's me, your mom.

Julie Hoggard said...

Your not dumb! I loved the idea- at least someone was thinking- lol