Tuesday, May 12, 2009

WHAT A DAY!!

Today I was on the pitty pot. I am having a hard time not gaining weight, my blood sugar is once again out of control (oh goody, more insulin), still no iron in my system, so I am constantly exhausted, it's allergy season, and my hair is still falling out.

What to do, what to do. So as I'm whining to myself, I got a distinct impression to quit whining and grin and bear it. So, not wanting to feel like I was being disciplined by the Lord, I decided I would run through town naked with a big grin on my face.

Could you imagine. I started laughing thinking about this non Miss California image running through town. When I was done with my insane thought, I took a nap, got up and while walking in the house my knee gave out, I biffed it, I got up, shook it off, smiled, laughed, and went on with my day.

I called Michelle yesterday and told her we found out what I had. It's the beginning of Old Lady Syndrome. My mind thinks it's still 20. It wants to go water skiing, snow skiing, fishing in obscure little lakes in the mountains, hike Timp, get in the car and drive all day for a weekend of fun some where. And my body just wants to rof while I lol. I can see it now. I'll be the lady at church that everyone giggles at when my wig is on crooked or I put my dress on backwards because it was easier to button with the buttons in the front. Always enjoyed putting a smile on peoples faces.

Okay, now this really stinks. I am experiencing some of the emotions of menopause. I am listening to a BYU devotional and have started to cry at the story being told and I can't stop. Just when I think I can get through the next little while, something random happens and I am a mess. So, with a kleenex in both hands, one for tears, one for allergy symptoms, I think I will go to bed. Hope Mike can sleep with my blubbering.

Good night world. Better days to come. Grin and bear it. So, with Happy Days Are Here Again going through my mind, I'm off until tomorrow.

No comments: