Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'mmmm Baaack


I can't sleep right now. I feel a little like a child waiting to go to Disneyland. Julie and her family will be here tomorrow, or should I say today.

I haven't posted for awhile. Actually, I haven't done a lot of anything for awhile. I haven't been feeling well. My health went into the crapper in 2000, and it's been a long hard ride back. But I'm almost there. Although, my hair will never grow back as full as it used to be. First a perm burned my head really bad. Lost half my hair, then stress made more fall out, and now the Dr's. don't know why it's still falling out. It's pretty embarrassing going anywhere, but I am used to the funny looks now. I have bought a couple of wigs to wear. Mike likes one of them. My granddaughter Emma refers to them as "funny hair". She giggles every time she sees the wigs. It's worth having the wigs just to hear her belly laugh while looking at them. I tried an experiment one day. I went to the grocery store and pretended not to know what product I need. Several employees would just look and keep going. No offer to help. So I asked for some help. I got less than nice help. A couple days later I went to the same grocery store with the wig on. I went to the same section and pretended to not know what I needed and it didn't take but a minute for employees to walk by and ask if I needed help. And to think, I'm not thin, young or even blonde. Here's to vanity, buying more wigs and surviving menopause.

But hey, life is good. I don't want or need for any material thing, well, maybe a new house would be nice. Reeeally nice. I have a husband who loves me, and children. grandchildren and sons-in-law that love me. And I wasn't the nicest mom or wife for quite some time. I know that Christ is my Saviour, that my Heavenly Father loves me and the Holy Ghost hasn't escaped out the nearest window yet. I'm still getting promptings. And I have friends who call when they are prompted and every time I really needed that call. Evidence that no matter how ugly the world may get, there is still a lot of good around.

Well, have a good day. I know I will. Bring on the fam. Maybe we'll forget about the heat.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Nice to see your back, havent seen any posts for awhile. Yay for Julie being here. I havent seen her in forever. And I would just love a house any house...

Michelle said...

You are right! Your family does love you!