Saturday, September 6, 2008

MICRO BURST DAMAGE

My Hummingbird Bush

My Hummingbird Bush was a victim of a Micro-burst we had last Sunday. And this wasn't the first time. Two years ago a Micro-burst came through and took the bush down. With the damage done to the trunk last time, we didn't think it would pull through. But last year and this year it bloomed and looked just as gorgeous as ever.

So here's to hoping it will pull out of it again. Not only is it pretty, but the hummingbirds are fun to watch. If you sit real quiet, the hummingbirds will fly right up to your face and hover and look at you.

Mike and Aaron went out and propped it back up and tied it to the pillar. We've lived in this home 32 years in December. And the bush was here and the neighbors said the bush had been there as long as they could remember. We have lost a couple of trees during the crazy weather over the years. But do you think the tree that we wish would fall or be damaged so we could have it removed? Noooo.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I hope the bush makes it! I loved watching the birds growing up! If it's lasted this long-hopefully it will keep going strong!

Julie Hoggard said...

I hope it makes it too! I use to lick the nector from the flowers because the hummingbirds must like it for a reason! GO TREES!!