Friday, October 10, 2008

YESTERDAY

Desserts are subjective.

When we are camping, dutch oven cakes and cobblers can't be beat.

Homemade desserts rank #1. Some of our faves, Mississippi Mud, Chocolate Mousse Cake, Oatmeal Cake, Apple Cake, homemade hand cranked ice cream, homemade cookies and an occasional pie. Nobody can kill a pie crust like I can.

We went out to dinner last night. I usually don't have dessert. But it was "Dessert" day, so I had to have the lemon cake. It was good. The sauce had soaked into the cake a little too much, but it was still good. Macaroni Grill has a Lemon Passion Cake that is out of this world, not to mention their smothered chocolate cake. Sometimes when we discuss where we should go for dinner we think about the desserts. At Tucanos, we haven't had a bad dessert yet. And if we don't have room for dessert after Tucanos, we go next door to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and buy a chocolate dipped apple and/or a piece of candy. When Black Angus was in business, their big mountain chocolate fudge cake was Mikes favorite. At Outback we each get something different and share, that eases having to make a decision. How about the Olive Garden, Black Tie Mousse Cake and Lemon Cream Cake. For years I would get their Cheese Cake coated in chocolate, it was so rich it took 3 days to eat. There is a deli inside a Mexican Market in the town Julie lives in and I could make a meal out of their macaroons. But I don't, I only have one. Or what about the Cannolis at Carrabbas? I could go on and on.

Hope you had a yummy dessert yesterday, if not, have one today.



1 comment:

Julie Hoggard said...

I wish I had realized it was Dessert day- all I had was some skittles. My favorite is Chili's Chocolate lava cake!